Let Our Courses Inspire You!
Classes are offered in small, classroom settings. Students will review concepts and strategies for the exams while also practicing sample test and questions.
Location: CLASSES Held AT THE MURPHY CENTER (Across from IONA COLLEGE main campus)
Need Help? Call Today | 914-292-3359
Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring gives a topic by topic review of the Global History and Geography Regents Exam. We review major topics like: Age of Revolution (1750 to 1914), Half Century of Crisis and Achievement, The 20th Century Since 1845, and Global Connections & Interactions.
After each section teachers will hand out practice questions, review answers, answer any questions and continue to the next topic. Global History & Geography Regents Exam prep course focuses more in the writing component and document-based questions. We cover topics, review them, and then we analyze how to approach the question and back it up with the document that is referred. Teachers continuously walk around the room to offer additional help, and we help our students create graphic organizers for dates, theme, names and events – this is a proven Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring method that has resulted in better scores and a smoother testing experience for our students.
Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring’s Global History and Geography Regents Prep Course runs from 9am-4pm, with a few 5-10 minute breaks, and a 45-minute lunch break. Classes are small and capped at a max of 18 students.
Our classes are taught close to exam dates so that students will retain more information and are designed for review of previously learned concepts with a focus on test-taking strategies and practice problems – we call these “mini-lessons”.
These mini-lessons are followed by questions and further review. Teachers walk around while students are working on the practice problems of each individual concept – which is another opportune time for students to ask individual questions about questions they are working on. We also welcome additional questions during breaks.
Our teachers are there to help you get answers and understand the material, not to “get through” the course
What our parents and Children say about us
Get To Know The Global History & Geography Regents Exam
- The Global History and Geography Regents exam is divided into three parts with a three-hour time limit to complete.
- Part I - 50 standard multiple-choice questions with four answer choices. A separate answer sheet for Part I is provided and should be located at the back of the question booklet.
- Part II - One thematic essay question. This essay must be well organized, include an introduction, several paragraphs addressing a given task, and a conclusion.
- Part III A - 9 Document Based Questions (can include part a and b questions for each document). This multi-sectional document based question will account for 15% of the test.
- Part III B - 1 Document Based Essay. You are required to write a well-organized essay that includes an introduction, several paragraphs addressing a given task, and a conclusion, using evidence from at least four of the accompanying documents to support your response.
- The underlying theme of Global History and Geography is the importance of geography in studying a society as well as the fact that the world has been coming closer together since the 13th century. The exam is designed to reflect the five social studies standards that are: U.S. History, World History, Geography, Economics, Civics, Citizenship and Government.
- Not many materials or tools are needed for the Global History and Geography Regents exam. You should have at least two blue or black ink pens to write your answers.
Tips on How “Survive”
The Global History & Geography Regents Exam
- Review Previous Tests
- By examining the kind of questions asked on older tests, you'll learn some important information that includes the targeted subject matter as well as level of item difficulty. You can find a number of old Regents Exams along with their answer keys by visiting the official Regents website (http://www.nysedregents.org/).
- Memorize and Make Flashcards
- It’s good to know the major influencers and important events in history for you to be able to further answer essays and correctly use documents with more background information.
- Study, Study, Study!
- Do not overwhelm yourself with trying to learn or go over everything all at once. Take it slow and study a little bit at a time. Always work from the beginning, for example, go over the things that you learned at the beginning of the course or year because those are the things that are not as fresh in your memory.
- Practice Writing Essays
- The exam is filled with long-winded answers, and the more you write, the smoother it’ll come out while you’re in a testing environment. Take notes, structure your response, and then write. Don’t rush, you have plenty of time!
- Ask for help!
- If there are concepts you do not understand, do not hesitate to ask for help. Consult your teacher during the course, write us an e-mail afterwards, give us a call – we are YOUR resource for further help!
Code Of Conduct &
Evolve Prep Terms Of Service
In order to ensure a productive and safe classroom setting, Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring has implemented a code of conduct that all students and parents must agree to follow as part of their registration.
- Students will follow all instructions given by Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring Instructors and staff members.
- All students are expected to work quietly at their desk during class sessions unless otherwise instructed.
- Students are expected to be respectful to the instructor and other students.
- Students should raise their hands to ask and answer questions in class.
- Students should not be loud or disruptive in the hallways during breaks or lunch.
- Students will respect the classroom, desks, computers and all parts of the classroom. All property should remain in the same condition that it was found.
- Students are responsible to clean up after themselves and will not leave food, wrappers or other items in the room at the end of each session.
- Refunds will not be given for any classes missed due to being absent.
- The materials received are the property of Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring and should not be replicated.
- Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring does not tolerate bullying or violence of any kind. Any sign of this will be dealt with immediately and may result in removal from the class without a refund.
- Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring reserves the right to refuse service to any student who does not comply with the code of conduct. Students who do not comply will be removed from the class without a refund.