Let Our Courses Inspire You!
Classes are offered in small, classroom settings. Students will review concepts and strategies for the exams while also practicing sample test and questions.
Location: CLASSES Held AT THE MURPHY CENTER (Across from IONA COLLEGE main campus)
Need Help? Call Today | 914-292-3359
Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring gives a topic by topic review of the Living Environment Regents Exam. We review major topics like: Scientific Method, Scientific Measurement & The Microscope, Characteristics of Living Organisms, The Cell (Structure and Function), Biochemistry & The Enzyme, Evolution, Mitosis & Meiosis, Reproduction, Genetics, Human Body Systems, Homeostasis, Ecology, Human Impact on the Environment.
After each section teachers will hand out practice questions, review answers, answer any questions and continue to the next topic. Our course will also review the 4 state labs that are a requirement for the Living Environment Regents Exam.
An attention-focused class size of 18 students or less. Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring’s Living Environment Regents Prep Course runs from 9am-4pm, with a few 5-10 minute breaks, and a 45-minute lunch break.
Classes are taught close to exam dates so that students will retain more information and are designed for review of previously learned concepts with a focus on test-taking strategies and practice problems – we call these “mini-lessons”.
These mini-lessons are followed by questions and further review. Teachers walk around while students are working on the practice problems of each individual concept – which is another opportune time for students to ask individual questions about questions they are working on. We also welcome additional questions during breaks.
Our teachers are there to help you get answers and understand the material, not to “get through” the course.
What our parents and Children say about us
Get To Know The biology | Living Environment Regents Exam
- The Living Environment Regents exam is approximately 85 questions that are worth a total of 85 points. You have 3 hours to complete the exam and it is broken into 4 different parts:
- Part A: General knowledge multiple choice questions (30 points).
- Part B-1 & B-2: A mix of multiple choice and short answer, dealing with the application of knowledge. So far, Part B has always required students to draw a line graph (25 points).
- Part C: Short answer questions dealing with your ability to apply material learned in the course to real world situations (15 points).
- Part D: Multiple choice and short answer, pertaining to the 4 New York State Labs performed during the school year (15 points).
- The Rules of the Board of Regents of New York State provide that: "In order to qualify to take a Regent's examination in any of the sciences a student must complete 1200 minutes of laboratory experience with satisfactory documented laboratory reports. The 1200 minutes of laboratory experience must be in addition to the required classroom instruction associated with earning a unit of credit. A student who does not satisfy the laboratory requirements will not be permitted to take the Regents examination."
- Although students may be present in class for the collection of data, they do not get minutes for the lab until they submit a laboratory report that is passing. Students usually collect data in class and may be expected to finish or complete the laboratory reports on their own. If a student misses a lab due to an absence, it is their responsibility to arrange with their teacher to make up the lab in a timely manner.
- The state requires all answers to be recorded in such a way that they cannot be tampered with. As such, all answers on the test must be written in permanent pen, and mistakes may not be “scribbled out.”
Tips on How “Survive”
The BIOLOGY | Living Environment Regents Exam
- Raw diagrams to help you visualize the questions asked - where possible.
- Read introductory paragraphs and study diagrams before looking at questions. Underline key words. Read all choices before deciding on an answer, sometimes a question has a good and a better answer. Always choose the best answer.
- If you are not sure of an answer, try to eliminate choices that you think are clearly wrong and narrow down your choices. Then make your most careful guess.
- Skip over tough questions that are stumping you. Go back to them later. Something else in the test may give you a clue to the harder problems.
- Don't leave any questions blank. Check your test a second time, but only change an answer if you find an obvious mistake. Your first choice is usually correct
- Take your time. You have three hours to do the exam.
- Have a healthy meal for dinner the night before and a good night sleep is as important as the above items.
What Should I Bring?
- Pens and pencils
- Notebook (optional)
- Lunch (there are places to eat around the exam prep center)
- An extra shirt or sweatshirt (The rooms are air-conditioned)
- *Cell phones are not permitted to be turned on in the classroom
Code Of Conduct &
Evolve Prep Terms Of Service
In order to ensure a productive and safe classroom setting, Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring has implemented a code of conduct that all students and parents must agree to follow as part of their registration.
- Students will follow all instructions given by Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring Instructors and staff members.
- All students are expected to work quietly at their desk during class sessions unless otherwise instructed.
- Students are expected to be respectful to the instructor and other students.
- Students should raise their hands to ask and answer questions in class.
- Students should not be loud or disruptive in the hallways during breaks or lunch.
- Students will respect the classroom, desks, computers and all parts of the classroom. All property should remain in the same condition that it was found.
- Students are responsible to clean up after themselves and will not leave food, wrappers or other items in the room at the end of each session.
- Refunds will not be given for any classes missed due to being absent.
- The materials received are the property of Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring and should not be replicated.
- Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring does not tolerate bullying or violence of any kind. Any sign of this will be dealt with immediately and may result in removal from the class without a refund.
- Evolve Exam Prep and Tutoring reserves the right to refuse service to any student who does not comply with the code of conduct. Students who do not comply will be removed from the class without a refund.